Friday, October 5, 2018

Featured Illustrator Cody Wiley




MEET CODY

This questionnaire goes back to a popular parlor game in the early 1900s. Marcel Proust filled it out twice. Some of our questions were altered from the original to gain more insight into the hearts and minds of our illustrators. We hope you enjoy this way of getting to know everybody.




1. Your present state of mind?
Stressed and anxious!

2. What do you do best?
I’d have to say it would be overthinking everything. I’m also an ok cartoonist.

3. Where would you like to live?
I’ve been planning my move out to LA for over a year now and it’s so close I can taste it!

4. Your favorite color?
Orange!

5. Three of your own illustrations:
































































































6. Your music?
While I’m working, I usually listen to podcasts, like My Favorite Murder, My Brother, My Brother and Me, and 99% Invisible. I’m also a musician, so I find that if I’m listening to music I’ll get too distracted, but I love bands like Young the Giant, The Wombats, The Strokes, and Streetlight Manifesto.

7. Your biggest achievement?
I’ve been self-publishing my own comics for almost two years now.

8. Your biggest mistake?
Not starting to take drawing seriously sooner. I really didn’t start trying to improve until my senior year of high school.

9. Your favorite children's book when you were a child?
Curious George

10. Your main character trait?
Not taking things too seriously or always trying to find something goofy in everyday situations.

11. What do you appreciate most in a friend?
Honesty!

12. What mistakes are you most willing to forgive?
Everyday human error.

13. Your favorite children's book hero?
Hilda from the comic series of the same name by Luke Pearson.

14. What moves you forward?
Fear!

15. What holds you back?
Also fear!

16. Your dream of happiness?
I would love to be a show runner on my own original animated series!

17. The painter/illustrator you admire most?
Currently, I’d have to say Luke Pearson!

18. What super power would you like to have?
The ability to never have to sleep. Think of how much you could get done with all of that extra time!

19. Your motto?
“Just do it” – Nike

20. Your social media?
Website: ‪https://mcodywiley.com
Instagram: @mcodywiley
Twitter: @mcodywiley


5 comments:

  1. Nice to meet you, Cody! Thanks for giving our chapter blog a new seasonal banner!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the banner, Cody. Thanks for sharing your talent with our community. Very fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello, Cody! Lover of Orange and a good cartoonist. Love the Ella and Virgil cover!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for doing this Cody! It's always nice to meet someone new in SCBWI. And I love your Halloween themed banner! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Cody! I love your style, and the banner is fabulous!

    ReplyDelete