Friday, January 8, 2021

Featured Illustrator Katie Eberts



MEET KATIE

This questionnaire goes back to a popular parlor game in the early 1900s. Marcel Proust filled it out twice. Some of our questions were altered from the original to gain more insight into the hearts and minds of our illustrators. We hope you enjoy this way of getting to know everybody.

  

1. Your present state of mind?

Looking forward to the future.

2. What do you do best?

Details.

3. Where would you like to live?

I love where I live in the upper peninsula, but if I had to choose somewhere different, the idea of living abroad in London sounds fun!

4. Your favorite color?

Purple

5. Three of your own illustrations:



          




6. Your music?

The Shins, Bleachers, Andrew Bird, Taylor Swift

7. Your biggest achievement?

My first illustrated book was a cookbook called Fresh Made Simple that I worked on with my friend Lauren K. Stein and published by Storey Publishing. I’m really proud of it.

8. Your biggest mistake?

Dropping the ball on marketing my work when times were good. It makes the slow times even slower.

9. Your favorite children's book when you were a child?

The Seven Silly Eaters by Mary Ann Hoberman

10. Your main character trait?

Optimism

11. What do you appreciate most in a friend?

Getting together and feeling like no time has gone by, even if it’s been a year or more.

12. What mistakes are you most willing to forgive?

Mistakes made in the moment without thinking.

13. Your favorite children's book hero?

Anne of Green Gables.

14. What moves you forward?

Excitement for the next thing.

15. What holds you back?

Second guessing and procrastination.

16. Your dream of happiness?

A summertime picnic with my friends

17. The painter/illustrator you admire most?

Rebecca Green. I just love her work.

18. What super power would you like to have?

Flight

19. Your motto?

Onward and upward! 

20. Your social media?

I’m just on instagram - @katieebertsillustration

4 comments:

  1. Thank you for giving our blog a new winter banner to kick off the new year, Katie! It's nice to learn more about you. Thank you again, Nina, for coordinating this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Katie! I love your banner. It makes me want to put on my furry hat and go frolic in the snowy woods with your characters. Your illustrations are magical. I want to step in that fairytale world and dream colors. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Katie! As you know I adore your magical, happy art and lots of it hanging in my house. Congratulation on this fun banner. It's perfect. Hope to see you soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful! We just saw a fox in the woods behind our house- love it!

    ReplyDelete