MEET DEB PILUTTI
This questionnaire goes back to a popular parlor game in the early 1900s. Marcel Proust filled it out twice. Some of our questions were altered from the original to gain more insight into the hearts and minds of our illustrators. We hope you enjoy this way of getting to know everybody.
1. Your present state of mind?
2. What do you do best?
3. Where would you like to live?
I didn’t grow up in Michigan, but I love it here. I’m also a big fan of Colorado.
4. Your favorite color?
5. Three of your own illustrations:
6. Your music?
When I’m painting, I like to listen to music with a lot of energy. It can be bluegrass, motown or pop, as long as it makes me feel like moving.
7. Your biggest achievement?
Writing and illustrating a book was a dream of mine for quite awhile, so it felt pretty darn good when it happened.
8. Your biggest mistake?
As George Saunders puts it, “failures of kindness.”
9. Your favorite children's book when you were a child?
Little Blue and Little Yellow by Leo Lionni
10. Your main character trait?
I’m a good listener.
11. What do you appreciate most in a friend?
12. What mistakes are you most willing to forgive?
13. Your favorite children's book hero?
14. What moves you forward?
Excitement. A deadline.
15. What holds you back?
16. Your dream of happiness?
Simple things, like going on a hike or watching a sunset with people I
love being around. Without anxiety.
17. The painter/illustrator you admire most?
18. What super power would you like to have?
19. Your motto?
“Inspiration exists, but it has to find you working.” - Pablo Picasso
20. Your social media?
web site: http://www.debpilutti.com